A 100-gram potato is 99% water. If you dry it until it is 98% water, it weighs only 50 grams.
This is not even a paradox! It is rather a illusion. Plus, it’s so absurd that a potato is 99% of water.
A person said “I always lie”. Is he lying or telling truth?
So easy to solve this: He is lying. He has told truth some times in past.
These are Fermi paradox’s arguments:
- There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are similar to the Sun, many of which are billions of years older than Earth.
- With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets, and if the Earth is typical, some might develop intelligent life.
- Some of these civilizations might develop interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now.
- Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in a few million years.
So, where’s everyone?
Now here is my arguments:
- They are probably just like Earth, or maybe better a little. They are incapable of interstellar travel. Those who are maybe are not even in the Milky Way.
- If they could, maybe they are visiting planets other than Earth.
- It is the nature of intelligent life to destroy itself. I think an Einstein quote can explain this well: “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.“.
- We don’t hear. Maybe others are sending signals to us, but we don’t know on which technology the signals work, not even know there’s a signal.
If someone is staying on the Earth while his twin is travelling in space at near light speed, the traveller will find his twin older than himself.
But, either twin could regard the other as the traveler, in which case each should find the other younger – a logical contradiction.
This contention assumes that the twins’ situations are symmetrical and interchangeable, an assumption that is not correct. Furthermore, the accessible experiments have been done and support Einstein’s prediction.
Now this is explanation:
See that point at the middle? No, it should not be a point, but rather a curve like this:
That’s the acceleration. A MinutePhysics videos explained this well.
In conclusion, yes, the traveller are younger, as he are accelerated.
Can an omnipotent deity create a rock so heavy that even the deity itself cannot lift it? If so, then the rock is now un-lift-able, limiting the deity’s power. But if not, then the deity is still not omnipotent because it cannot create that rock.
Okay, stop wandering around and babbling about this, okay? It sucks. It is like asking if a deity can make 2+2=5 or make a square round. Because 2+2 is never 5 and squares are not round, by definition. Doing that is not a thing, and of course no one can do that.
or… to be more funny:
Yes, he can! No, he can’t!
He is fallen under a superposition:
|He cannot create it, he can lift any rock⟩ + |He can create it, he can do anything⟩
If there were God, and he is Omniscience, he shall know quantum mechanics!
(Image source: myself, Wikipedia, and MinutePhysics.)